04 August 2009

New Earphones

I went for a little 3-day holiday and now I'm back for more. I also have a new pair of earbuds. My DealExtreme orders have arrived, including these cheap in-ear earphones. I've had a 54 km bike trip today with these new ones.

For those of you who don't know about DealExtreme, it's a Hong-Kong based web site. It sells China made technology gadgets, they're very low quality but most of the time they do the job. Prices are at "you gotta be joking" level and they ship them free worldwide. Buy a keychain for $ 0.79 and you have it delivered to your door all the way from Hong-Kong without any shipping cost. It's quite safe, it accepts only PayPal.


I think I made quite an advert about the site and now it's time for the earphones. I got them for $ 4.38, it may sound cheap (in fact it is) but it's one of the expensive ones on the site. I read some good reviews and some bad, I decided to give it a try. This is my 4th cheap earphone, previous 2 were also from DealExtreme. I had a pair of fake iPod earphones and a pair of iPod style in-ear earphones. They were both rubbish, and worth $ 3.86 combined, I kept one for back-up and gave other as a gift.

I usually can't get along with in-ears, this one is no exception. Again the middle size pads didn't fit my ears and again the right (I think my right ear canal is wider) one feels a little bit loose. I needed something like this because my Sennheiser earbuds are useless in public transport. This one has better noise isolation, it's not perfect but what you expect from an in-ear. The thing I like about this one is it has more (except Sennheisers, Shures and Koss') treble than the other in-ears on the market, the bass is more balanced, it doesn't blow your ears but doesn't sound very good either. One let down of this thing, and the biggest is it's mids. The mids are terrible and spoils all the fun.

They maybe a good choice for an average music listener but for me it just isn't. I have to admit they sound better than Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone's bundle in-ears and most Sony's or Philips'. Some earphones sound better in time but I don't think I'll like these. Not because they sound bad, I just don't like in-ears, and probably will never do.

2 comments:

  1. I too had my fair share of the Chinaman headphones, iPod originals, Sony Walkman, and I've also paid a visit to BOSE on Regent Street every time I'm in the area.

    Now, I know BOSE is strictly labelled as bogus by most audiophiles, but I am not one and I gotta say, I was mind-blown at the quality of sound of their headphones range. The noise reduction is also otherworldly.

    So, one day, I will make the jump and buy BOSE. But, having said that, if I come across better alternatives with sensible prices, I'll be more than happy to add them to my shopping cart.

    (funnily enough, i've never tried sennheisers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this important information this Earphones will definitely rock.


    Savita
    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete